Friday, October 7, 2016

Insect Museum is Ready!

This year my students really need to work on writing sentences and I thought I could incorporate sentences into the insect museum somehow. Also, I was able to get some wonderful new technology in my classroom and I wanted to include it into this insect project. I decided to use the app Text2Pic to take a picture of my student flap creations and then each student was able to type a sentence about what what he or she has learned. I put all the creations together into a keynote presentation with music and it will be playing during our museum today. A student's example is above. 
This is what each student has ready on his or her desk. A lab report, Entomologist book, from Stephanie Stewart (If you haven't checked out her Teachers Pay Teachers website you definitely should! She has wonderful resources), and the insect  studied. (I'm just now noticing a P.E. shoe made it in this picture! Ha! Sorry! Teachers have no time for retakes! :))


Finally, we took some pictures for our Keynote slideshow and we are ready to roll! I can't wait for my second graders to show off what they have learned! Proud teacher moments to come! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment