Friday, October 7, 2016

Insect Flap Creations

Every year I teach about insects and life cycles. At the end of this unit, I help my second graders catch, research and present information about insects in an "insect museum." This year I feel that I have really improved with teaching this unit. I am so excited about the additions I have made to the project. With second graders it is really important to keep research simple and focused. I decided I wanted my students to find 3 facts about his or her insect to share at the museum. Then, I had an epiphany! Insects have three body parts (head, thorax, abdomen). I decided to have my students create construction paper insect creations with flaps for each facts to share. There are pictures of a few student creations below. I think this makes their presentation so much more meaningful and fun! My students can't wait to share all their hard work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment