Saturday, December 26, 2015

Grinch Day!

We started off the day with some scrambled up Grinch sentences! Students worked in teams to sort out the sentences the Grinch mixed up.
Reading group students are presenting on a book they have been working on together. I love seeing my students excitedly share information they have learned with others! 
We read How the Grinch Stole Christmas and made a chart of descriptive words for the Grinch from the beginning (green) to the end (red). We talked about how characters have choices just like we do. They can always choose a better path. One of my favorite moments was when one of my students said, "I think perseverance, because the Grinch kept trying to stop Christmas from coming." I have been working so hard to teach my students about persevering and was so happy to see the meaning of the word clicking! 

In the afternoon we did some quick addition with cards on the top of our heads. The santa added to get the sum and the mice needed to figure out what number was on his or her head. 
This fun math idea came from a Santa's Stuck packet from firstgradewow.blogspot.com. 




A little movie/book compare and contrasting two versions of the same story!


We finished off the day with my personal favorite! GRINCH GRIME!! This super science activity is from "A Pinch..." packet from 
firstgradewow.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment