Wednesday, September 20, 2017

STEAM Bins





Here's a quick pic of my STEAM Bins that I use with my second graders. The ask, imagine, plan, create and improve posters were a freebie from http://wildaboutfirsties.blogspot.com. I ordered the STEAM bin packet with the title, bin covers and task cards from Brooke Brown at Teach Outside the Box on TPT, click this link to find her store: Teach Outside the Box. I was initially thinking I'd put all the bins on a shelf, but found this rolling cart in storage at our school. Two wheels were off, but with some rubber bands and hot glue, I was able to slip them back on in no time! #teacherskills My kiddos absolutely love them! Right now I use them for early finishers and if we have a few minutes in transitions or after math journals. I am so thrilled that I finally found something hands-on that students can do after they finish an assignment. I have two very simple rules for the kids: 1.) No talking or the bin must be put away. 2.) All material must be picked up when finished. Otherwise, I let the kids' creativity fly! Below are a couple links to videos of my kids using the STEAM bins if you'd like to see them in action! (Sorry in advance for the views of my feet as I move from desk to desk in the videos, but it was so peaceful walking around just listening to materials moving as I knew brains were working...)  


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx9pPDpF9DQZMWNzSWlWV0RNalE/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx9pPDpF9DQZbExyYzhWZlBWc28/view?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment