Thursday, April 9, 2015

THUNDER CAKE!

This is an activity that I remember my mother doing for her students and myself when I was in 2nd grade! She always has the BEST ideas! It was perfect for our weather unit. We read Thunder Cake, by Patricia Polacco. I stopped half-way through the book when she said there was a secret ingredient in the cake. I let them think about it all morning. In the afternoon we tasted thunder cupcakes I had made. Then they guessed what they thought was in the cupcakes. 17 out of 18 said they liked it! We finished reading the story and they found out tomatoes were in the cake they had just eaten. 7 out of 18 liked the cake! They were so surprised! Hee hee!

I just had to take a picture of these guesses!! How sweet are my kiddos?! I said that they were right, there was LOVE in those cupcakes too! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment